Tuesday, June 3, 2008

...the goodness of the Lord...

I closed my eyes as the rain poured down and the thunder sounded over head. Bursts of lightning pierced my eyelids, trying to unnerve me.

"Father, help me!"

My cries seemed swallowed by the clouds. I closed my eyes tighter as the thunder intensified. When would I see the sun?

I hear the rain falling around me, but something has changed. Above me I see an Umbrella shielding me from the storm. I look beside me and I can't help but smile when I hear, "I love you."

The Son is shining and I am basking in His warmth!

Psalm 27:13-14 "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord."

2 comments:

Mer said...

so, ARE YOU SAFE???

Dana said...

Yes, I AM safe :)